How do i Download a MOD!?!??!

Did you mess up your Minecraft? Ask for help here!

Post Permalink
by Artistgirl2002 » 2/24/2013

It will not let me i have WinRAR but i dont know how to download it. Help? :cry:
Level 1
New Explorer
Posts: 11
Joined: 2/3/13

Post Permalink
by McJJH » 2/24/2013

Theres this new thing called. Goo Gle
Image
User avatar
Level 1
New Turtle
Posts: 853
Joined: 4/21/11

Post Permalink
by number1_Master » 2/24/2013

You mean install?

To download a mod, you must click the download button :P

What Mod are you attempting to install. There are various YouTube tutorials regarding how to install a mod. I recommend watching those.
If you ever need help, just Private Message (PM) me!
Image
Image
User avatar
Level 37
Artisan Droid
Posts: 976
Joined: 8/13/11
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Says: Don't worry, I'm working on projects!
Minecraft: number1_Master
mc_server: 24.14.161.103:25565

Post Permalink
by rock1234rock1234 » 2/24/2013

are you having trouble downloading the mod or installing it?
User avatar
Level 16
Journeyman Engineer
Posts: 314
Joined: 6/4/12

Post Permalink
by Artistgirl2002 » 2/24/2013

number1_Master wrote:You mean install?

To download a mod, you must click the download button :P

What Mod are you attempting to install. There are various YouTube tutorials regarding how to install a mod. I recommend watching those.



Well i want to download Optifine....... Not sure how though
Level 1
New Explorer
Posts: 11
Joined: 2/3/13

Post Permalink
by Artistgirl2002 » 2/24/2013

rock1234rock1234 wrote:are you having trouble downloading the mod or installing it?



Both :)
Level 1
New Explorer
Posts: 11
Joined: 2/3/13

Post Permalink
by Gorillaz_101 » 2/24/2013

Join the Minecraft Got Talent by clicking the signature!
Image
Image
User avatar
Level 1
New Miner
Posts: 869
Joined: 10/28/12
Location: Mom's basement
Says: Don't mess with the afro

Post Permalink
by TheBoo » 2/24/2013

Use MagicLauncher. It's awesome when it comes to installing mods.
User avatar
Level 63
High Grandmaster Steve
Posts: 438
Joined: 10/14/11
Location: Sweden
Says: I'm dead.
Minecraft: TheBoo99

Post Permalink
by doom_w0lf » 2/24/2013

Get into %appdata% using winRAR. Then click .minecraft and click bin. Then click minecraft (it might be called minecraft.jar). Then delete the META-INF folder. then open the optifine foler with winRAR. Drag the files in the optifine folder to minecraft/minecraft.jar. You're done now!
User avatar
Level 9
Apprentice Cake
Posts: 233
Joined: 11/11/12
Says: Exploding pineapple
Minecraft: doom_w0lf
mc_server: Werewolf Realms

Post Permalink
by Artistgirl2002 » 2/24/2013

doom_w0lf wrote:Get into %appdata% using winRAR. Then click .minecraft and click bin. Then click minecraft (it might be called minecraft.jar). Then delete the META-INF folder. then open the optifine foler with winRAR. Drag the files in the optifine folder to minecraft/minecraft.jar. You're done now!


How do i get into %appdata% ? im not sure how too...... can you say it simpler?
Level 1
New Explorer
Posts: 11
Joined: 2/3/13

Post Permalink
by C0N0RB0B » 2/24/2013

Artistgirl2002 wrote:
doom_w0lf wrote:Get into %appdata% using winRAR. Then click .minecraft and click bin. Then click minecraft (it might be called minecraft.jar). Then delete the META-INF folder. then open the optifine foler with winRAR. Drag the files in the optifine folder to minecraft/minecraft.jar. You're done now!


How do i get into %appdata% ? im not sure how too...... can you say it simpler?


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+get+to+%25appdata%25
This will tell you.
User avatar
Level 35
Artisan Herobrine
Posts: 651
Joined: 7/10/11
Location: Ireland
Says: When life gives you lemons, make orange juice out of them.
Minecraft: C0N0RB0B
mc_server: s1.garysgalaxy.net

Post Permalink
by 1b8 » 2/25/2013

You push the download button. :P

-1b8
User avatar
Level 16
Journeyman Robot
Posts: 2132
Joined: 12/9/12
Location: Behind You
Says: I'm behind you!
Minecraft: 1b8
mc_server: kronosville.zapto.org

Next

Return to Minecraft Help